Having a flood is nerve racking. Not knowing what to do about it and how to clean it up is even worse. We found this article released by the City of Milwaukee with information about how to clean up after a flood. We hope that you never need this information but should you need it we hope it helps.
If you need Denham Springs apartments vent cleaning services, then Dryer Vents Plus is your #1 choice! Call Jeremy Leake today at 225-612-7752 to schedule your 100% Free, No Obligation Quote!
From the article:
- DO NOT WADE INTO STANDING WATER IN YOUR BASEMENT UNLESS YOU ARE SURE THE ELECTRICITY TO YOUR HOME IS OFF.
- PREVENT ACCESS TO AREA BY CHILDREN
- Floodwater may be contaminated with sewage and should be treated as such.
- Minimize skin exposure by wearing rubber boots and rubber gloves during clean up.
- There is a hazard in utilizing electrical equipment (i.e. sump pumps, furnace motors, etc.), which is wet. It can produce severe shocks and endanger human life as well as burn out the equipment. Make sure all electrical equipment is dry before use
- Check gas and oil furnaces as well as gas hot water heaters for escaping gas and ensure that pilot flames are lit. If gas is escaping, do not light a match until the gas supply has been shut off. If you are unfamiliar with this procedure, contact your local gas company or a professional heating contractor.
- The area may be extremely slippery. Walk Carefully.
Interested about someone else’s experience with a flooded laundry room? Checkout this article about flooded washer horror story for busy homeowners that could be of interest to you.
For all of the tips click here: http://city.milwaukee.gov/Flood-Clean-up