SPONSOR FOCUS: If you need Denham Springs apartments vent cleaning services, then Dryer Vents Plus is your #1 choice! Call Jeremy Leake today at 225-612-7752 to schedule your 100% Free, No Obligation Quote!
From the article:
1. Stick to a regular cleaning schedule. Keeping dust and pet dander at bay is a continual process, and it’s especially important to stay on top of cleaning when allergies are a concern. Be sure to wipe surfaces with a damp rag rather than dry dusting, which often just brushes dust back into the air.
Ideally, members of the household without allergies would take on the dustiest jobs, but if you have bad allergies and must clean, wear a dust mask ??? or hire a cleaning service if you can.
2. Start a no-shoes policy and beef up doormats. Keep dust, pollen and more from entering your house in the first place by encouraging visitors to slip off their shoes at the door. Provide ample interior and exterior doormats to trap shoe muck and a basketful of slippers for guests.
3. Upgrade your vacuum cleaner. Get one with a HEPA filter to trap allergens ??? these filters work wonders. Also be sure to choose a vacuum cleaner with a bag that can be changed easily (that is, without spewing dust everywhere).
4. Swap out heavy drapes. Thick drapes with lots of folds and pleats are masters at trapping dust and other allergens. Instead choose blinds you can wipe down or machine-washable curtains.
5. Remove carpeting. Traditional wall-to-wall carpeting is notoriously difficult to get and keep clean. Whenever possible, go with hard flooring (wood, tile, linoleum) instead.
Did you know that Spring cleaning will help with your allergies? Checkout this article for homeowners with valuable information on Spring cleaning that could be of interest to you.
For all the ideas click here: http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/10186599/list/18-Ways-to-Allergy-Proof-Your-Home