Preventing injury from fire is very important but it’s even more important if you have kids since they don’t have the common sense that adults have. We found this article that we hope will provide a training tool for you and your children. We also hope that it will help prevent any fire injury in your home.
If you need Denham Springs townhomes vent cleaning services, then Dryer Vents Plus is your #1 choice! Call Jeremy Leake today at 225-612-7752 to schedule your 100% Free, No Obligation Quote!
From the article:
Electrical Appliances, Cords, and Outlets
- Are your electrical appliances in good condition, without loose or frayed cords or plugs?
- Are your outlets overloaded with plugs from the TV, computer, printer, video game system, and stereo?
- Are you overusing an extension cord?
- Do the light fixtures in your home use bulbs that are the correct wattage?
- Does your home contain GFCIs (ground fault circuit interrupters) and/or AFCIs (arc fault circuit interrupters), which prevent electrical shock and fire by shutting off faulty circuits?
Look around your house for potential problems. And unless you’re a trained electrician, be careful about do-it-yourself electrical projects. Studies have shown that many home fires are caused by improper installation of electrical devices.
Interested in more household safety tips? Checkout this article about household safety for homeowners that could be of interest to you.
Click here to read all the tips: http://kidshealth.org/parent/firstaid_safe/home/fire.html