We found this article that we feel will do just that. Check it out!
SPONSOR FOCUS: If you need Denham Springs townhomes vent cleaning services, then Dryer Vents Plus is your #1 choice! Call Jeremy Leake today at 225-612-7752 to schedule your 100% Free, No Obligation Quote!
From the article:
The Facts About Dryer Vent Fires
- The Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has issued a consumer product safety alert. According to the CPSC, annually there are 15,500 household fires due to dryer exhaust duct fires.
- Annual property damage is approximately $88,000,000
- There are approximately 400 injuries and 15 deaths each year due to dryer vent fires
- Failure to clean the dryer vent is THE leading factor contributing to clothes dryer fires in residences
- 80% of clothes dryers fires occur in residences
Why it is Critical to Keep Dryer Vents Clean
- Moisture- one gallon or more of water must be disposed of for every typical load of laundry. Because of the moisture, exhausting the dryer to the outside is a must. Lack of cleaning can contribute to the growth of mold and retention of lint within the system.
- Carbon Monoxide- Proper exhausting is of particular importance with gas dryers. In addition to moisture and lint, gas dryer ducts carry the by-products of combustion, including carbon monoxide.
- Clogging- A lot of lint is produced in the drying process, and lint can restrict or block dryer ducts. A poorly exhausting dryer is not only less efficient, it can also be a fire hazard due to extreme flammability of lint.
Who Should Have Their Dryer Vent Cleaned?
- Anyone who uses their dryer regularly each week and has not had it cleaned in 2 years.
- Anyone who washes several loads of laundry every day should have the dryer vent cleaned annually.
- Anyone who can see lint buildup in the exterior duct vent or lint preventing the closure of the exterior flapper.
- Anyone who has dryer duct work running up through the roof or out a second story wall should have the dryer duct work cleaned annually.
- Anyone noticing that it is taking the dryer longer and longer to dry their clothes.
- Everyone who owns and uses a dryer!
Looking for more tips on dryer vent safety? Checkout this article and learn more important fire safety tips that could be of interest to you.
Read the entire article here: http://www.mikesexteriorhomecare.com/dryer-vent-cleaning/